Volunteers are the heart of the Izaak Walton League. Recognize the outstanding volunteers in your chapter – and the outstanding work you have done over the past year. It's quick and easy. And League members deserve to be recognized!
- Judge John W.
Tobin and Defenders Chapter Achievement
Awards (Nomination Deadline: June
- Best Chapter Membership Recruitment and Retention Award:Recognizes the chapter that has carried out the most effective membership recruitment and retention programs
- 54 Founders Award: The League's highest honor, given to one person each year who has made outstanding contributions in conservation
- Hall of Fame Award: For outstanding achievements in furthering the League's mission and goals
- Conservation Award: Recognizes individual accomplishments in conservation
- Outdoor Ethics Award: For outstanding work in outdoor ethics
- Save Our Streams Award: For outstanding work in environmental education and citizen activism for clean water
- James Lawton Childs Award: Recognizes chapter accomplishments in conservation
- Robert C. O'Hair Award: Recognizes chapter accomplishments in youth programs
- Honor Roll Award: For non-member achievements in conservation
- Thelma "Pete" Reed Memorial Award: For outstanding volunteers
- Arthur R. Thompson Memorial Award: Recognizes state division that has carried out the most outstanding conservation program
- Outdoor America's Future Award: For outstanding youth members
- Best Division Newsletter: For the best Division newsletter
- Best Chapter Newsletter: For the best Chapter newsletter
- Best Division and Chapter Web Site: One each for the best Division and best Chapter Web site.
Should you have any questions regarding the awards process, please contact the IWLA Chapter Relations staff by calling toll-free (800) 453-5463 x255 or e-mailing email@example.com. Completed applications may be faxed to (301) 548-0146 or (301) 548-0149 or scanned and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know who won last year? These awards were announced at the July 2014 IWLA national convention:
- National Awards: These individuals and organizations from across the country made significant contributions to conserving outdoor America.
- Defenders Chapter Achievement Awards: Recognizes chapters that exemplify the IWLA motto: "Defenders of soil, air, woods, waters, and wildlife."
- Membership Awards: Looking for tips on recruiting and retaining members? These award-winning chapters may have the answers!
54 Founders Award: This is the League's highest honor, given to an individual, group, or organization judged to have made an outstanding contribution to the conservation of America's natural and renewable resources. Read the full list of 54 Founders Award winners since the first award was announced in 1949, including the 2013 award winner, who was announced at the 2014 national convention.