The 2012 Farm Bill: Sharing Visions of Conservation and Sustainability
We will be hosting our 2012 Farm Bill forum at the Sangamo Club in Springfield, Illinois on Thursday, June 2nd.
Director Tom Jennings from the Illinois Department of Agriculture will join us to address how local food system development and conservation programs benefit Illinois and its citizens. State Conservationist Bill Gradle from the Natural Resources Conservation Service will address popular federal conservation programs and practices, new initiatives, and the 2012 Farm Bill.
Following a break for a local food reception at 5:00 pm, we will host a Citizens’ Session with an overview of the Farm Bill and advocacy training.
2:00 pm Welcome and Introductions2:15 pm Keynote Speakers:
- Tom Jennings, Director - Illinois Department of Agriculture
- Bill Gradle, State Conservationist – Natural Resources Conservation Service
3:00 pm Policy Presentations:
- Water Quality – Stacy James, Prairie Rivers Network
- Conservation Compliance – Brad Redlin, Izaak Walton League of America
- Local Foods – Wes King, Illinois Stewardship Alliance
- Conservation Stewardship Program – Claudia Emken, Illinois Stewardship Alliance4:00 pm Roundtable Discussion5:00 pm Local Food Reception5:30 pm Citizens’ Session: Introduction to federal farm policy and advocacy training7:00 pm Wrap up and adjournment
This event if FREE, open to the public, and includes a local food reception; however, an RSVP is required to reserve your seat. Please RSVP by contacting Gwen Steel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 649-1446.
The Sangamo Club is located at 227 East Adams Street in Springfield, IL. Map